Marine Safety: Case Study on Safety Equipment Fulfillment towards Ship Safety
Keywords:safety equipment; ship safety; Indonesian harbor; Indonesian ship
This study aimed to identify the fulfillment of safety equipment and its effect towards ship safety. This study was conducted at some harbors in Indonesia such as Soekarno Hatta Harbor at Makassar, Tanjung Perak Harbor at Surabaya and Tanjung Priok harbor at Jakarta. The sampling technique was Purposive sampling. Data were collected by questioners with Likert model scale. The obtained data then was being analysed using descriptive statistic and inferential statistic consisted of regression analysis and correlation. The result showed that there were positive and significant effects between safety equipment fulfilment and sailor ship safety. The regression equation was. Moreover, safety equipment fulfilment had strong effects toward sailor ship safety with 0.753 coefficient correlation 55.3% contribution. Further, the other 44.7% was influenced by other variables.
Jinca, M.Y. (2011). Transportasi Laut Indonesia Analisis Sistem dan Studi Kasus. Brilyan Internasional, Surabaya.
SOLAS Consolidated Edition. (2014). IMO Publishing, London.
Thahir, T. (2015). Alat Keselamatan Minim jadi Faktor banyaknya Korban Kecelakaan di Laut [Internet]. Tribun Makassar, cited 19 June 2018. Available from: http://makassar.tribunnews.com/2015/12/23/alat-keselamatan-minim-jadi-faktor-banyaknya-korban-kecelakaan-di-laut
Sugiyono. (2013). Metode Penelitian Pendidikan Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D. Alfabeta, Bandung..
Riduwan. (2009). Metode dan Teknik Menyusun Proposal Penelitian. Alfabeta, Bandung
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1) Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2) Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3) Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.